Collection products (Product display) Text Color
I am playing around with a new install of Kickstart Commerce 2.
How do I change the default text color (the white text that appears over the "collection-banner-to_carry.jpg" image) of the "Collection products (Product display)" to something else, like black?
I think that's a view.
So you can customize it.
1. go to: site settings > views
2. Then search for "Collection products"
3. Edit it
4. There you can customize everything related to your view (including css and html)
5. Save it
Can you please point me to a resource where I can learn all I need to know about customizing views? Specifically changing the color, but I'd like to know as much as possible in all areas of views. :-)
I appreciate your help and direction!
There's a lot to say about views module
But the best place to start is the documentation section here:
If you want a video related to theming views maybe this can help you:
And here you can see a lot of videos too:
I have been able to
I have been able to accomplish this is a simple, easy way and I am posting my findings for the benefit of all.
1. The exact location of the code I needed to be changed: profiles/commerce_kickstart/themes/omega_kickstart/css/global.css (line 1112; original value [ color: white; ]). This took me a while to figure out as the normal location one would place a theme in would be your Drupal installs main themes folder. Not the case with Kickstart Commerce 2.0.
2. Though it is possible to change the code directly to [ color: black; ] this is not the best way to edit a theme.
3. This explains how to properly modify themes so you will not break your code and not over-write your code with future updates, https://drupal.org/node/1818746
While you had successfully discover where to change the text color, did you also find the way to change the background image for that banner...