Discussions

Categorizing products

I'm very much a beginner to Drupal, so I apologize ahead of time for sounding dumb. I certainly feel very dumb for not being able to figure this out. :(

On the "Add Product" page, I absolutely cannot figure out how to configure taxonomy terms to show up as dropdown menus at the bottom in the Product Catalog section. I've included a couple of images to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

The first one shows how it looks on a demo site. I'm trying to set mine up in a similar way.

The second one is what I currently have on my non-demo site.

The answer to this is probably very simple, but I've been trying to figure this out for days and I'm almost at the end of my rope. The development of my store is at an impasse until I find out the solution to this problem.

I went through all the menus in the demo store and compared what differed from my non-demo store, but I still couldn't find the solution. If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it immensely.

Posted: Jan 15, 2013

Comments

dwilmarth Dorsey on February 7, 2016

Fishtoes,

I'm new to Drupal Commerce too, so forgive me if my advice isn't right, but I think you need to at a Term Reference to your Product Display.

Go to Content > Content Types > Product Display (use the product display that corresponds to your product). I only have one and it's the default Product Display that came with the install.

Click on Manage Fields

In the Add New Field area, select Term Reference from the "Select a Field Type" drop-down menu.

Give your field a name. I just called mine Category, and set the Widget to your preference. I used the Check Boxes and Radio Buttons because I don't have that many categories.

When you click save, you'll be prompted to pick the Vocabulary that you want to use. Choose Product Categories.

In the next window that pops up, you can just accept the defaults or make changes as needed.

Now, when you go to add a product, I think you'll see the categories where you expect them.

Again, being new to Drupal, I could be making a fool of myself, but no one else responded, so maybe this will help.