Discussions

Multi-Page Form Checkout Pane

Anyone got any suggestions on including a multi-page form in the middle of the checkout process? Obviously we can create a new page and pane to house this form. And a form can be displayed in its entirety on this one page. However, for forms that are extremely long (500 items in this case, full of conditionals), it would be great to figure out an approach of splitting these off without ruining the checkout process.

Currently a multi-page form makes the same call as the next command in the commerce store. So it proceeds to the next page. This would be a great ability to have for those stores selling services instead of physical products in which customer information must be collected after a product is selected. Once again I understand that we could just use line items in this case, but due to the amount of complexity it would be nice to be able to insert a webform in the middle of the checkout process.

Any thoughts?

Posted: Sep 27, 2012

Comments

Andrew Rosborough on December 18, 2012

Have you made any progress in getting a multistep form in the middle of the checkout? When I add custom buttons with different callbacks, the pane's include file gets lost.

JMOmandown on February 4, 2013

We actually have a fully functional solution working on a production site. It is a complex solution involving field group panes, conditional panes, and some custom scripts. An have written an example for the drupal commerce community of how to impliment conditional panes for the Drupal Commerce Model: http://drupal.org/node/1807092

Because the solution is rather complex, it would difficult to explain a similar method which will work for you without additional information. However, I am more then happy to help.