Discussions

How get product variations on Shopping Cart?

Ok I need some help I been trying to get this work. I like to have the my product variations (Size and Edition) show up on the following pages Shopping Cart, Checkout, and Review Order. I know they each have views so I should be able to change them. Also, I know it can be done for Commerce Kickstart 2.0 has variations on Shopping Cart view. From my research it looks like Entity Reference is what is being used to product a Formatter of Rendered Entity with view mode of 'Product in cart'. I can not get the Rendered Entity Formatter. I see that a patch from http://drupal.org/node/1580348 was applied to the Entity Reference module in Kickstart 2.0. I tried to apply the patch and it failed. Plus I am very concern about using the patch anyway based on the comments that the way it is done may not be the best way to do and it is still in need work status. Is there away to get this to work that would be safe for a production site? What does this mean 'be added by an alter hook via commerce-product' can someone point me into the redirection. I really need this functionality for a site that needs to go live in week. Thank you

Posted: Jul 19, 2012

Comments

pamreed on July 20, 2012

I was able to add a relationship to Commerce Line Item: Product. This allowed me to see the variation attributes on have for my products to add to the fields to show. Thank you,

craigsander on August 2, 2012

Hi Pam,

I'm having a similar issue.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I added three custom fields to the default product type in Commerce: manufacturer, product number, and quantity(available).

I want - when a user adds a product to the cart - to have the manufacturer field display as a line item in the cart and in the review and the order.

I've tried to create a new line item, but the reference doesn't seem to be recognized.

Do you think you could tell me where to start on researching/working on this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Craig