Discussions

View for product display content type with Has taxonomy term ID (with depth) does not show children term nodes

I've created view for displaying product display node type fields and put CONTEXTUAL FILTERS with
Content: Has taxonomy term ID (with depth)
and
Content: Has taxonomy term ID depth modifier
but when navigating to parent term page nodes from child terms are not displayed it results only with blank page

Also the view does not show result for anonymous user but I resolve this by checking Disable SQL rewriting in Query options.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012

Comments

Pierrot on March 8, 2013

Hello,

I searched that subject almost all day ... There does not seem to be a simple solution around, however, for the record, there is this module:

http://www.drupalcommerce.org/extensions/sandbox/project/commerce_taxono...

which is supposed to do this ... however it is still in very early dev stage ...

For my own problem (displaying products linked with terms AND subterms), I came up with the following solution:

- I have a 2 level taxo
- I installed taxonomy_menu 7.x-2.0-alpha2 (yep, alpha version ... not yet available as a stable release but I needed this bad: http://drupal.org/node/3724/release )
- taxonomy_menu allows you to "display descendant" but that feature was not working in 7.x-1.x ... in 2.0 you have now a "Multi term" choice that creates a "taxonomy/term/tid1+tid2+tid3" url for terms with subterms
- create a view for "taxonomy/term/%" and add a contextual filter (aka arguments) for your "Commerce Product: Vocabulary" ... When editing your contextual filter, check the box under "More" that says "Allow for multiple values" (my own translation as I have it in french).

And voilà, when clicking first level taxo term, you get all products with that term AND and the one linked with subterms. When clicking on subterm, just the linked products.

Warning: tested with a 2 level taxo, and beware, this is alpha module ... but seems pretty stable so far, I just hope that feature will stay and be released stable fast :-) If this can help someone like me, lost in the drupal world ...

P.