Discussions

Commerce Email help

I'm hoping to get an answer here. I haven't yet had much luck getting support from these forums, but, after some hard lookin', I've been able to work through most of my issues in the past.

I'm using Commerce_email to send notifications after an order purchase, however the notifications that go out aren't as detailed as I'd like.

Can anyone specify a better outgoing notification system?

Or is there a way I can specify the commerce_email token: [commerce-order:commerce-email-order-items]

I can't seem to get a properly formatted outgoing email that contains the fields I need to send out in the email (namely the date and time of the course that is being purchased).

Any help would be MOST appreciated. Thanks guys!

Posted: Aug 24, 2012

Comments

alx on August 29, 2012

Probably not the answer you want, but what I am doing is wrting a custom module where I use php to loop through the order and get information that I need and then send the mail. If you look at the code in commerce_email you can get a sense of how the order line item info is assembled. Also helpful is to look at the code in the commerce_shipping module for looping through this same order information.

It would be helpful to know if you can add separate email (jobs) to commerce_email and how this could be accomplished in a distinct module so that it does not get erased on upgrade of commerce_email.

Much trickier and the step I am still working on is getting it to work with rules. I think commerce_shipping will provide me with a good template for how to build the rules/action event that can kick in (but on checkout complete)