Discussions

Multiple images of a product

Hi
I want to display multiple images of each product, one image in big size and rest in small thumbnail sizes, so that whichever is clicked becomes the big image, as is done on the following page made using drupal commerce:

https://badboy.com/products/tops/girls-t-shirts/ornate-crest-deep-v-neck

I want to do something similar.
Can someone please point me out the correct direction?

Thanks in Advance.

Posted: May 13, 2012

Comments

Brian on May 17, 2012

I asked this question long ago, but got no answer. Baybe because the answer is fairly easy. I'ts the views slideshow module.

1. Go to the edt fields view page (I don't know the exact englisch translation). Either of the Product display or the commerce product, it depends where you enter your images.
2. In the "image" field, choose the format "Slide show"
3. On the right hand side, click the gear and make your settings for transitions etc.. Choose thumbnails as pager.

I have colorbox additionally, so if you click on the larger image, it gets huge to see details. :) This is what it looks like on my site:

http://www.macbookuser.com/de/iphone-huelle-10

nawi on May 18, 2012

1. Go to the edt fields view page (I don't know the exact englisch translation). Either of the Product display or the commerce product, it depends where you enter your images.

Where is this view? You create before view for product images?

Brian on May 27, 2012

If you have uploaded your images to the product, go to:

Shop > products > product types > product > manage display

If you have uploaded your images to the product display, go to:

Structure > content types > product display > manage display

Thats the tab right next to "manage fields".

kwame on June 2, 2012

Brian, I have colorbox installed and I uploaded images to my products and when I go to manage the display of my product, the only options I get are colorbox and Image. I don't see how I can do what you did with your iPhone example. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian on June 17, 2012

Sorry for the late reply (somehow I don't get an email notification for new postings...).

Try enabling views slideshow, then it should appear.

redjan on June 19, 2012

I am trying this too. I have views slideshow enabled but I don't get the option either.

Is there something I'm missing?

Kimberley_p on June 22, 2012

Can't seem to find that option anywhere. Would love to get this working if you have an clues as to what we can do.

redjan on June 24, 2012

Yes that works but my main image is showing as a slideshow too. Is there any way to stop that? Your site looks great with the main image static and the thumbnails underneath. Also because I added the extra images I now get the extra images in my teaser which I don't want.

Summit on March 18, 2013

Hi,
This is working with a product with more than one image.
But how to get this working with thumbnails underneath for a product-display with more than one product and all products having only one image? So the slideshow with thumbnails is not on field, but on basis of referenced products?

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply!
Greetings, Martijn

Maria on October 16, 2013

How can I get the Slide Show. It doesn't come up on the Image list. I only see "Thumbnails". "medium" and other choices but not Slide Show.

I just want to do the same with my products as you have. Thanks.