Gift Certificates howto
What's the simplest thing that could possible work for doing gift certificates with Drupal Commerce?
I searched the site and all I found was a reference here:
I searched the modules page and didn't see anything there either. Am I missing something obvious?
What's the simplest thing that could possibly work? It would need to work for a recipient that's never used the site. The gifter would be registered.
1) A gift certificate is a node the gifter buys (how variable pricing?)
2) It has a secret code with the gifter's uid in it. E.g. [secure-random-number-2^128]-[gifter-uid]
3) When the recipient uses the secret code
- it credits the user's shopping cart down towards $0 (best way to do this?)
- it logs credit amount used and gift user on the gift certificate node
4) When the gifter views the node, it shows the logged credits and available credit.
5) When any other user or anonymous views the node, it shows available credit
If I'm not missing anything obvious, any suggestions on where to start or ways to improve the design?