ubercart > commerce migration issue
Both here and on the commerce guys screencast, I'm told I'm supposed to delete all product types, but I didn't understand. I kept trying to delete ubercart product content types. I needed to delete commerce created product product types.
Base info here: http://www.commerceguys.com/resources/articles/215
This was the error I was getting:
An AJAX HTTP error occurred. HTTP Result Code: 500 Debugging information follows. Path: [...]/batch?id=351&op=do StatusText: Service unavailable (with message) ResponseText: MigrateException: No migration found with machine name CommerceMigrateUbercartProductProduct in MigrationBase::getInstance() (line 427 of [...]/sites/all/modules/migrate/includes/base.inc).
I have a D7 site with ubercart, upgraded from D6. All the tutorials explain that it's easier to use the kickstart and migrate from a different db, but that ignores the pain of importing or recreating content, views, taxonomies, etc, so I'm trying to upgrade from the same db.
My assumed workflow and questions for migrating from the same database:
1. Install commerce, other modules required by commerce, migrate, and commerce migrate (don't install sample data, or delete it in step 4 if you do)
2. Enable the modules from step 1
3. Navigate to Store > Products then click on the Product Types tab
( /admin/commerce/products/types )
4. Delete product product types created by Commerce (I had only one)
5. Check Commerce Migrate settings. Default settings seemed good for a migration from the same db.
6. Run the migration steps in order, from top to bottom
7. Disable all ubercart modules (takes maybe a half dozen cycles to get them all)
8. Use the uninstall tab to uninstall ubercart modules (also takes multiple cycles)
9. Delete ubercart from /sites/all/modules
10. Disable migrate and commerce migrate modules (multiple cycles)
11. Delete migrate and commerce migrate from /sites/all/modules
I ended up with over a dozen tables in my db called migrate_map_commerce[...] and migrate_message_commerce[...] I don't know If I can delete these now, or if there was a way to do it through the GUI before I deleted the migrate module.
Now I have no content types for my views to reference. You're supposed to make a content type called Product Display. I think I have several headaches ahead of me, possibly using Commerce Bulk Product Creation. Is there any way of having the migration process take care of this?