Discussions

Business Directory out of the box?

Hi there,

I am fairly new to Drupal and Drupal commerce but have been keeping an eye on what's been going on and I am hoping to use Drupal Commerce to power a new business directory site. I have tried searching for an answer but couldn't find me, so forgive me if this has been discussed already.

My question is, would I be able to do this using drupal commerce and a few contrib modules out of the box or would I need a custom module developed?

The basic requirements for my project are;

*To be a able to pay to submit a node with varying options... i.e Free for bronze listing (Business name, description, contact details), £10 for silver (as bronze plus photos and extra fields), £15 for gold (as silver but with video etc etc).
*The listings should be on a recurring subscription - if the subscription is cancelled the node would revert to the basic listing.
*Emails to be sent out to remind when subscriptions coming to an end etc (presumably easy with rules)
*Paid for upgrades (i.e. featured listing @ £10 per month, extra photo pack etc etc)

I am still getting my head around views etc so haven't really had time to start installing and playing with commerce yet but don't want to waste time yet if I'm not going to be able to do what I need out of the box - as I'm not a developer and have a low start up budget for the project at the moment.

Thanks in advance and well done on a great module.

Simon

Posted: Oct 17, 2011

Comments