Discussions

How to create product packages

Hi all, I am setting up a T Shirt store and wanted to know what would be the best way to create a package deal for some of my products.

For example, I have 3 types of T Shirts which can be purchased individually. What I would like to do is create a package where you can buy 10 of the T-Shirts at a cheaper price.

This will need a single add to cart form, but the user should be able to select different attributes for each of the 10 T Shirts ie size and colour.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Posted: Jul 16, 2013

Comments

junetellain626 on July 18, 2013

I think you could do this with rules. Hint: Add an event, "After adding a product to the cart"; condition "Order contains a particular product" AND "Total product quantity comparison"; action "Commerce discount 5 off" or maybe "Subtract an amount from the unit price".

T.Mardi on July 24, 2013

Hi junetellain626,

I think I may not have explained myself clearly. What I have done is:

Created a Product Type called 'T Shirts'.

I have also created a Product Type called 'Package'. This is essentially a bundle of x amount 'T Shirts'.

The 'Package' product type has an entity reference to 'T Shirt' product types. I have added an Integer field called quantity to display for example 20 items and have set a price of £100 for the Package.

So the total price for the package and what 'T Shirt' product referenced is fine and taken care of, I just need a way for users to be able to select the size and colour of all 20 T Shirts in the 'Package'.

At the moment, in the cart, you only see "20 T Shirt Package" and you cannot change any of the sizes / colours in this package. So if a user checks out, the store admin will not know what size and colours that the customer wanted and the customer will not know what sizes and colours they will receive!

Is there a way to address this with core Commerce? I have not been able to find any solution on how to do this. I've looked at Commerce Pado and Commerce Bundle but these do not seem to do what I need.