Discussions

[solved] How do I translate message types?

Hello all,

like quite a few other people out there (been googling a while now) I would like to send emails to my users in their own language (which might in this case be either English or German). And I'm using the Commerce Kickstart profile installation, which has these nice message types all set up and ready to go.

While I do have a language field in each message type, I fail to see how I can add another one with a different language?! All my emails are currently in English, and the language field says so too. So how do I add another version of the field, or the message type, in German? Or does it not work that way?

It's been a steep learning curve for me at times :-) but I really do like Drupal Commerce. It's totally funky! And I love the web and its users for helping me out in oh so many ways. I hope someone can point me in the right direction with this one as well.

Thank you for reading, I appreciate your time!
Anna~

EDIT: Sorry folks, I've simply been a bit dim. When I select German in the language field, the actual text fields load different content... which I've now modified and translated to my liking, and when I order something in German, I get a lovely German confirmation mail. :-)

Posted: Mar 15, 2013

Comments

corbin on March 16, 2013

i did check this post and also http://drupal.stackexchange.com/questions/38571/drupal-7-multilanguage-m..., but this one, received after payment ... :
"
My website
Thanks for your order

Here are the details for your order #17, placed on sam, 03/16/2013 - 08:37
View your order
"

(and may be others) ... is not in the list and not "translate-able"

i have to go to admin/structure/messages/manage/commerce_order_order_confirmation to translate this message
(and here : /admin/structure/messages/manage foe each other)