Discussions

Adding Quantity to an add to cart page?

I can't seem to figure out how to allow the costumer to select the quantity of items they'd like to purchase on the costumer's view of the page.

I created a view that displays:
-Commerce Product: Title
-Field: Image
-Commerce Product: Add to Cart form

but there is no option to add a field to change the quantity.

I'm digging around and I think this is because the quantity field is in another database table that may need to be joined. I looked at the relationships field in the advanced menu...no help.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!!!

Posted: Aug 2, 2011

Comments

gkmbinh on August 3, 2011

This solution can help you :

In product display type set quantity for field : -Commerce Product: Add to Cart form
how to set : please look at the right this row, you will see : Quantity widget: Disabled
click it to setting to enable

switch on August 4, 2011

Totally missed that one! Thank you so much!!! Thought i was goin crazy :)

Paul Driver on September 10, 2011

Whilst I understand that quantity is a not requirement in some situations, it is in many instances a fairly basic bit of functionality. Why on earth is it so difficult to enable this feature?

Please can somebody tell me how to switch it on?

Which view should I be looking for?

neardark on September 10, 2011

Paul:

Choose Admin > Structure > Content Types > [ your product display content type ] > Manage Display

Click the gear icon (see attached screen shot) next to the Product Reference field. Enable the checkbox for Display a textfield quantity widget on the add to cart form

Hope this helps,

John McCormick / NEAR DARK

Paul Driver on February 4, 2012

It is also a nuisance that it must be configured display by display. Better surely to have quantity as a global preference at admin/commerce/config/quantity-widget leaving individual displays for overrides.

I have couple of related questions.

1. Is it possible is have a list item (drop down) for quantity, rather than the default text input? I'd rather that a user could set quantity with a mouse or trackpad instead of needing to reach for the keyboard. I realise this would not suit such all situations, but the option would be good.

2. Further to Q1. On changing the quantity can the price be made to change on the fly as it is if a different product is chosen.

joecanti on July 29, 2012

Hi,

I was wanting to know the answers to these 2 as well - did you get anywhere with this? Thanks, Joe

wileysegovia Jerome Wiley Segovia on February 23, 2016

Did you guys ever get this answered / resolved?
Need to know the best way to change the default quantity from 0 to simply blank, would also be good to have step-by-step instructions on how to set this up as a drop down list, as well as a *required field checkbox that would not allow users to proceed until the field was interacted with.

kristin.brinner on February 14, 2012

I see where to add the 'quantity' widget, but I actually would like it to read 'length' rather than 'quantity' since we're setting up a shop where we are selling deck cords and lines (for boats). Any thoughts on how to change the 'quantity' field for one particular product type?