Can Commerce Handle an Insurance Product?
I would like to use Drupal Commerce to allow our customers to purchase a somewhat canned insurance product.
Below is how I currently envision the process flow but I would love to hear other suggestions.
- User enters zip code, gender, date of birth, spouse & child(ren) info, etc.
- Product list is shown based on a number of conditions including state and age
- User selects product & attributes (deductible/percentage coverage) and price is shown.
- User clicks "Apply"
- User answers qualifying questionnaire (health questions)
- If questionnaire passes validation then go through standard checkout process (no shipping necessary)
- No cart functionality, meaning immediate checkout once "Apply" button is clicked
- Pricing would be pulled via web service from an outside system
- All checkout information (applicant, spouse, children, payment) is passed to a web service for processing