Discussions

Need help setting up a "buy x get y free" pricing rule

Me and wan_wan over at reddit have been trying to figure out how to setup this kind of pricing rule. http://www.reddit.com/r/drupal/comments/xvnu8/drupal_commerce_buy_x_get_...

Here is what I'm trying to achieve:

Buy 3 products that are tagged on sale and get the 3rd product with least price free. Basically a "buy 2 get 1 free"

The consumer gets to pick the item, but if the product is not on sale doesn't matter how many they have in cart, it should only count the ones tagged on sale.

Has anyone here setup pricing rules like that?

Posted: Aug 8, 2012

Comments

rashidkhan on June 4, 2013

Hi,
Have you found any solution to this? I'm trying this using code but haven't succeeded yet. If you've found any solution, kindly share it with us.

♥drea on July 21, 2014

Any luck? All I can find are 2 and 3 year old threads asking for help with this and NOBODY has been able to come up with a solution? I am rather shocked as well, as this is a VERY "standard" discount for retailers, especially online ones. There were modules for this that worked in Ubercart. Pretty dissppointed I cannot find one to work with Commerce. We could really use this functionality again- our promotion/coupon sales have gone way down since we have switched to Commerce and cannot offer a Buy 2 Get 1 Free discount on products anymore =(