A few thoughts from an Australian novice
- I installed Commerce today on a Dreamhost account using the commerce install profile, no errors, very quick install.
- The VAT tax system works very well for the Australian GST tax system. It would be good if when creating a product, the price field defaulted to including tax (would save me 1 keystroke :P).
- I got multiple products to show in one node by changing field_product to "Autocomplete text field" and allowing unlimited entries (I'm guessing this is the correct way to do it?) This was really simple and the dynamically changing prices & images are really cool & seamless.
- The checkout page looks great but I think I'd need to change some of the field labels for Australian users, couldn't find any way to do this.
- I installed the Paypal module and it worked great with my Paypal sandbox account.
Nice work guys!