Discussions

Product Taxonomy ported to Product Display

Hello Folks,

I am sorry if there is a post out-there regarding this, please feel free to redirect me.

The subject I have is the following:

Every product belong to a category, group, line, etc... and it can be 'geeklized' to taxonomy, when I create a product I like to create relationship with taxonomy terms, and that seams to work pretty well, it also fell like real world scenario, that is on the product level.

When I create display, (now I am 'visioning' myself walking into a physical store) I like to go to the category, group, line, etc... section, so far nothing special, e-commerce folks will agree with me on that.

The question is how I create a Display Product including taxonomy from the product without recreating the taxonomy fields on the Display Product, someone will agree with me that replicating data already saved on a database is not the most efficient way of doing things, what is the most efficient way for this scenario?

I understand that some Display Products will display more than one product and it can have difference taxonomy terms, but i would say that the majority of products out there are 'one to one relationship'.

Once again, I am sorry if this was already hash out, please point me to the right direction.

Thank You
Van Der

Posted: May 18, 2012

Comments

Brian on May 27, 2012

I understand that you don't want to re-enter the terms from the product in the product display. Good question, I have the taxonomy terms only in the display. But it should also work if you tag the products as usual (taxonomy field with tags) and make that field visible on the product display page.