Discussions

Products progress report

Building off of DamZ's work, I've been expanding product support over the last couple of days. To test it out, grab the latest code from http://github.com/rszrama/drupalcommerce and Drupal 7. I'd recommend using the installation profile I posted about to start up a fresh Drupal Commerce dev site. Once you're in, you should see the Commerce menu on the Admin Menu, or you can browse to /admin/commerce/products.

As of right now, you can define product types / add fields to them and then go create products. The main product view is in fact a View, and we have full Views support for the base product fields, including handy little edit / delete links. There's still a little bit of work to be done on the basic APIs here, including functions to instantiate new products / types and calls to drupal_alter(), but I'm happy with the pace of development so far. I'm going to try real quick to get a product reference field started, but I need to hit the sack soon.

If you have a moment, you might check it out, report any bugs, and point out holes in the code thus far. What sort of things will you need to do with a product API? What functions seem to be missing? What documentation seems to be weak?

Ryan Szrama
Posted: Feb 7, 2010

Comments

Ryan Ryan Szrama on February 7, 2010

So... I sure could've used an extra hour's sleep, but I couldn't rest until I had results.

Many thanks to the CCK maintainers for providing a node reference module for me to convert for product usage. It still has a ways to go, including actually formatting the Add to Cart form for display, but this is a great start. : )

The code is in my GitHub repository if anyone's curious and/or wants to flesh it out further.