I'm wondering if it is possible to use Drupal Commerce in a product rental environment.
I want to run a shop that lets people rent audio/lighting equipment for party's. With optional: transporting the equipment and setting it up(installation) service.
My biggest problem are the cart "extra's":
- How can I add a transport/delivery service, price based on the shipping location?(the shipping plugin, uses a flat fee, but not a variable one based on different location)
- How can I add a rental fee per day, price based on the amount of rental days? (I must be possible to add 10 different items, and set the total amount of rental days to rental in the cart)
- How can I add a extra service, price based on the products in the cart? (example: an option that let us do the installation of the equipment, the price is based on the amount and sort of equipment(because some need more time to set-up/instal))
All these problems need to be extra options in the cart. If you would make these options attributes for a product it would be very complex for a customer.
Example of a customer:
- Party and want to rent some products on 4th of November.
- He wants the transport and installation service included.
- products: audio equipment, some lighting equipment, some different effects and a DJ (let say in total: 20 different products.)
- With the attribute in each individual product: the costumer has to enter 20 times the same details (amount of rental days, transport and installation service)
- With the cart "extra's" you could enter many options for all the products in a couple of clicks.