Attention Users of 7.x-1.x-dev
USPS has changed their API causing most rate requests with this module to fail. Please apply the patch in #1937062: Code clean up and prepare for a full release.
or download the new 7.x-2.x-dev release when it becomes available.
Steps to follow when upgrading or applying the patch
- Download the 7.x-2.x-dev release or apply the patch in #1937062: Code clean up and prepare for a full release.
- Run update.php
- Clear all caches
- Visit admin/commerce/config/shipping/methods/usps/edit to verify your settings and shipping methods
- Check (and possibly recreate) any rules components that used the old shipping method names
- Re-create any markups using rules components (the markup feature has been removed)
This module provides USPS shipping calculations for Drupal Commerce by extending the Commerce Shipping API. This module should be used by those that want to provide dynamic USPS shipping rates on their US based Drupal Commerce sites.
- Commerce Shipping 7.x-2.0 or newer
- Commerce Physical (Add weight field to the product entity not the product display node)
- A USPS Web Tools username with production access (you must call or email USPS to receive production access after you create the account) https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/
The following domestic shipping methods are currently supported:
- USPS First Class
- USPS Priority Mail
- USPS Express Mail
- USPS Standard Post
- USPS Media Mail
- USPS Library Mail
The following international shipping methods are supported:
- USPS Priority Mail Express International
- USPS Priority Mail International
- USPS Global Express Guaranteedf
- USPS Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box
- USPS Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box
- USPS Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box
- USPS First-Class Mail International Package
- USPS Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Boxes
Installation and Configuration
Please refer to the README.txt file for additional information about how this module works and how to set it up.
1. Install and enable the module and all dependencies.
2. Add dimensions and weight fields (new field types via the Commerce Physical module) to all shippable product types.
3. Populate dimensions and weight fields for all products.
4. Configure the USPS settings (admin/commerce/config/shipping/methods/usps/edit). You'll need to create USPS Web Tools account and obtain a username https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/ and call USPS to have the account moved into production (tell them you are using 3rd party software).
This module is a fork of the original commerce shipping usps module following the naming convention described here: http://drupal.org/node/1348088#comment-5308572.
The 7.x-2.x-dev branch was a rush release to fix a critical bug exposed by updates to the USPS api. This branch has not been thoroughly tested, but should solve the 7.x-1.x problem and be able to collect domestic and international rates for the services above.