This module makes a bridge between Drupal Commerce module and Userpoints.
It allows users to create commerce_line items with negative points value, behaving like a discount system in the order process.
The user can choose how many points he wants to use, they will be automatically taken from his userpoints account.
- Select the type of Userpoints taxonomy should be used as "money"
- Allow your Drupal commerce customers to complete orders using Userpoints points in the checkout process.
- Select the a Commerce currency -> Userpoints points conversion rate (very basic for now)
it DOES NOT behave as a Commerce payment method:
- Depending on how your site will manage points, user will or will not always have the exact amount nor enough points to fully pay an order
- I don't want to overload the payment process by displaying an odd interface asking the user how he will pay (userpoints and CB ? CB only ? Userpoints only etc...)
- Userpoints (7.x-1.x)
- Entity API
Steps for a quick install
- Enable the module
- Create a taxonomy term in userpoints vocabulary (Say "Credit" for instance)
- Go to Store > Config > Commerce points settings
- Setup the taxonomy term that will serve as "money"
- Setup the price component that can be paid by the points (base_price is the standard product total)
- Setup the decimal multiplicator. Points are handled as "Integer" while prices are most of the time "Decimals" (Even thought Drupal Commerce manages it
- with Integer to avoid calculation precision issues). The easiest way to handle it is to have a "100 points = 1 currency" value
- conversion rate. To keep this conversion rate, leave the field value to 1.
- Add an product to cart
- Go to checkout
- Use points in the checkout pane and see the line item do its thing