Selling Per-Node Access with Drupal Commerce
This screencast builds on the previous screencast showing selling a role. This time, though, we're going to sell an individual node. Here's the recipe:
* We have Content Access and its submodule Content Access Rules enabled
* Create a content type called Premium Content
* Instead of granting access to that entire content type by role, grant it on a user-by-user, node-by-node basis
* Add a nodereference field to our product; each product that sells access to a node should have the nodereference set to the content in question.
* Add a rule (and component)
* When the order is updated
* If its state is Completed
* Loop through the line items (invoke a component)
* If the line item has a product reference field
* If the Product has a nodereference field
* Grant access to the node listed in the nodereference to the user who created the order.
Other way to achive the same goal?
Is there another way to achieve the same goal like this without using Content Access module?
Reason: I am worry about the Content Access module due to the project status (http://drupal.org/node/1879324).
Or maybe, commerce guys can take it over?