Commerce Module Tuesday: Commerce Dunning - Part 2
Welcome to another Commerce Module Tuesday! Today we are looking at Commerce Dunning, Part 2. Last week we looked at what a "dunning process" looks like. Today, we're going to look at the Commerce Dunning module and the testing environment that comes with it. This is actually one of the hardest parts of a recurring setup to test, the failures. The module that we are creating here at Commerce Guys makes it very easy to test payment failures and work through all of the emails and touch points that you can set up as part of your dunning management.
STEP BY STEP
1) Watch the excellent Card on File and Recurring Framework Commerce Module Tuesdays by GuGuss: http://commerceguys.com/blog/commerce-module-tuesday-commerce-card-file and http://www.drupalcommerce.org/blog/8477/commerce-module-tuesday-commerce...
2) Enable the Commerce Recurring, Commerce Card on File, Commerce Dunning, Commerce Dunning Defaults and Commerce Dunning Testing modules.
3) Create a recurring product and checkout with that product using Commerce Dunning Testing Payment. Store the card for later use.
4) Edit the recurring entity that references your newly created order, so that it's due date is today.
5) Navigate to the Configuration > Development > Commerce Dunning Testing.
6) Set the status of the next payment to a failure of your choice.
7) Run cron. A new order with a status "recurring pending" will be created.
8) Run cron one more time and you will see that your payment for the order has failed because of the error you selected before. Dunning module takes over from here.
9) You should have an email that the payment failed and a bunch of actions that are scheduled to happen (you can check out those at Configuration > Development > Commerce Dunning Testing).
10) You can evaluate the scheduled actions on the testing page and see what will happen.
So that's our Commerce Module Tuesday, hope you enjoyed it! Note that Commerce Guys is also running a Turbo Ticket giveaway which you can see in the upper right hand corner of the sidebar. Sign up today to get a free Turbo Ticket to use any way you want, including advice on setting up Commerce Dunning! :)