Views support for the Services module version 3.x and later and it has currently two features:
- Create view based resource creating Services display in a view
- Execute any view of the system via views resource call
Create view based resource creating Services display in a view
In any view you can create "Services" display. It has only one option setting: path, which will be the name of your resource. After enabling that resource you can execute a view and output results. You can create exposed filters and pass them to your resource. You can also use Services field formatter in a view that allows to retrieve full field properties (like body field will come with format, safe_value etc.). See Drupal.org for full details.
Executing view via views resource
After enabling "views" resource in your services endpoint you can do GET request to execute a view and pass results.
- display_id: views display
- args: array of view arguments
- filters: array of view filter values
- offset: views offset
- limit: limit views number of results
- format_output: boolean whether we would like to get themed view or data
See drupal.org for full details.